Field Service Engineer
Due to continued growth Diamond Group is looking to recruit a Field Service Engineer for their Copier Division.
The successful candidate with report directly to the Service Manager.
- To repair and service office equipment machines in customer’s premises and workshops in a professional and courteous manner, ensuring our customers’ receive a first class service.
- To repair and service office equipment machines to an exceptionally high standard in line with the manufacturers guidelines and our minimum call procedures.
- To work closely with the Admin staff, ensuring all forms of communication meet with company expectations at all times, notifying the Admin staff of any relevant issues with customer machines, spare parts requirements or expected delays to customers’ premises.
- To be responsible for car stock, ensuring the accuracy of stock held and maintaining stock levels appropriate to achieve a high first time fix rate.
- To be responsible for all company supplied equipment including tools, Vacuums, laptop computers.
- To report problematic machines/customers to the Service Manager to result in a satisfactory outcome for the customer/Diamond.
- To be responsible for service calls allocated to you, ensuring response times are met when in your control and that parts ordered for machines are fitted in a timely manner, particularly when customer machines are left down.
- To escalate delays in spare part arrival to the relevant Admin staff.
- To be aware of and understand COSHH and Health and Safety Regulations and to adhere to them at all times.
- To assist in the installation and collection of customers machines when required, training customers on the use of the equipment if requested.
- To be of smart appearance and punctual at all times.
- To attend training courses when required by the company.
- To complete training courses to enable you to network equipment and troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- To implement all appropriate modifications and keep up to date with manufacturers technical bulletins.
- To share technical information with other engineers using the relevant methods of communication.
- To look for sales leads on machines and supplies and pass the required information through to the Admin Department
- To charge customers for work carried out which is not covered by their maintenance agreement, explaining to the customer the reason for the charge.
- To keep allocated vehicle or your own vehicle used for business purposes in a clean, tidy and roadworthy condition, ensuring it is serviced at the correct intervals and reporting any damage or problems immediately to the Service Manager.
- To follow the required procedures for warranty claiming items covered by a manufacturer’s warranty.
- To carry out any other relevant duties as required.
Interested candidates should email their CV to email@example.com
APPRENTICE/TRAINEE - Are you interested in a career as a Field Service Engineer? Are you keen, friendly and believe you have the right attitude to be trained to carry out the above job? We would like to hear from you - please send your CV (including a covering letter stating why you think you are right person) to firstname.lastname@example.org